601 W Jefferson St
Boise, ID 83702
Cecil D. Andrus Park (formally know as Capitol Park) is a 2-acre mini park in downtown Boise across Jefferson Street from the entrance to the State Capitol. The park features brick walkways, mature shade trees, planting beds with colorful flowers, picnic tables and park benches.
About Cecil D. Andrus Park
In 2007, the Golden Garden Club of Boise launched "Let Freedom Ring," a $63,500 beautification project to renovate the park. The goal was to transform the park into a central meeting place for people who work and live downtown and visitors to the State Capitol. The project also included a central plaza to honor the men and women who serve our country in the military or public service.
The Golden Garden Club raised $19,800, which included a grant from the National Garden Clubs/Principal Financial Group. The city of Boise supported the project with a $21,000 Neighborhood Reinvestment Grant awarded to the Downtown Boise Association. Sales of bricks, sandstone blocks, plants and brick pathways generated additional funding.
The engraved bricks were used to widen the existing asphalt walkway and enlarge the central point into a 20-foot diameter plaza. Sandstone blocks and four additional benches created seating on the exterior of the plaza. Two sandstone markers feature plaques honoring the men and women who serve our country. Planting beds with shrubs, annual and perennials flank entrances of the walkways.
A ceremony was held May 30, 2007 to dedicate the "Let Freedom Ring" project.
In 2008, new streetlights were installed in the park with funding provided by the Mayor's Neighborhood Reinvestment Grant program and the Idaho Horticulture Society.
Cecil D. Andrus Park is a recycling site for the Downtown Recycling Program. Each recycling center collects newspapers, aluminum cans and plastic beverage bottles in separate receptacles.
Mon Park is open from sunrise to sunset.
Tue Park is open from sunrise to sunset.
Wed Park is open from sunrise to sunset.
Thr Park is open from sunrise to sunset.
Fri Park is open from sunrise to sunset.
Sat Park is open from sunrise to sunset.
Sun Park is open from sunrise to sunset.
- Waffle Me Up204 N Capitol Blvd (314 feet SW)
- Boise Fry Company204 N Capitol BLvd (350 feet SW)
- Devil's Den204 N Capitol Blvd (379 feet SW)
- Alchemist Plant Pub620 W Idaho St (381 feet SW)
- Western Proper610 W Idaho St (388 feet SW)
- Spa Urbana602 W Idaho St (412 feet SW)
- Idaho State Capitol Gift Shop700 W Jefferson St (417 feet N)
- The Studio: An Elite Salon and Spa702 W Idaho St (470 feet W)
- Tonic Hair and Skin Bar707 W Bannock St (490 feet W)
- Balsam Brands718 W Idaho St (548 feet W)
Nearby Arts, Culture & Parks
- Idaho State Capitol Building700 W Jefferson St (458 feet NE)
- Activity Guide for Kids & Adults: Winter-Spring 2023150 N Capitol Blvd (568 feet SW)
- City Hall Plaza150 N Capitol Blvd (583 feet SW)
- City of Boise Department of Arts & History150 N Capitol Blvd (583 feet SW)
- Picture This215 N 5th St (601 feet SE)