Saturday, December 2 update: The FREE Glide on Grove skate rink is currently closed due to inclement weather. Regular hours will resume on Sunday, December 3 from 12pm to 8pm if weather overcomes. Read More
Become a DBA Member
Downtown Boise is Idaho’s most robust economic growth center; the state’s dynamic hub for business, employment, arts and entertainment. Since 1987, the Downtown Boise Association has worked to keep Boise a healthy, happening, innovative and inspired city by building both business and community in the heart of this amazing city - Downtown. How do we do it? Through traffic driving events, enticing promotions, engaged marketing, keeping businesses updated with crucial information, advocating and serving as the business liaison with city clean and safe programs. DBA efforts are aimed at keeping Downtown Boise clean, safe, attractive, welcoming and competitive.
The Downtown Boise business community established the DBA in 1987 to help downtown stay clean, safe, vibrant, desirable and competitive. The DBA is authorized by the City of Boise to manage the Downtown Boise Business Improvement District.
WHAT IS A BUSINESS IMPROVEMENT DISTRICT?
A Business Improvement District is a publicly sanctioned, privately directed organization that supplements public service to improve shared, geographically defined, outdoor public spaces. More than 1,000 BIDs exist in the US, and are common in downtowns to enhance the safety, cleanliness, image and competitiveness of city centers.
THE DOWNTOWN BOISE BUSINESS IMPROVEMENT DISTRICT:
60 square blocks: State Street to the north, 13th Street to the west, Myrtle Street to the south, to 6th Street north to Front, east on Front Street, with 5th Street the east district boundary. See map below.
WHO ARE DBA MEMBERS?
A business that rents space in the Business Improvement District is a DBA member. There are approx. 700 DBA business members that vary greatly in size and scope. 300+ DBA business members are street-level retail, restaurant, and retail service merchants.
All property owners in the district are DBA members. All properties, with the exception of residential and government, are subject to an annual assessment from the City of Boise that supports BID services. The DBA leverages those dollars two-to-one with event income and event sponsorships to complete marketing, programming, and service funding.
The DBA also maintains an active group of Associate members who see value in DBA programs and contribute voluntarily to the DBA. A $300 for-profit or $250 non-profit annual fee allows Associate members to take advantage of and participate in DBA promotions.
Keeping Downtown Boise a success place to do business and celebrate community is definitely a group effort. If your business is located in the boundaries of the Downtown Boise Business Improvement District, good news! You’re a member of the DBA!
Benefits of Membership with the Downtown Boise Association Include:
• Downtown Map & Guide: The DBA updates, prints, and distributes more than 70,000 DBA-member Map & Guides annually. The guides are used by downtown merchants, gift card recipients, hotels, conference attendees, the Boise Airport, regional visitor centers, Boise State, and the Boise Metro Chamber of Commerce.
• Business Landing Page on Downtownboise.org: With over 1.1 million views in 2022, our website is a dynamic portrait of downtown that includes a robust event calendar and individual business landing pages, complete with hours, location, and colorful photos. You’ll see downtownboise.org referenced in all DBA marketing pieces.
• Downtown Boise Local Events Calendar: With 75+ annual festivals & large scales events and over 220,000 views to our online events calendar, Downtown Boise is the happenin' place to be. Members are encouraged to submit their events to our online event calendar where it receives thousands of views every month. From daily offerings to live music to a special sale to movie showings to art shows to whatever your event is, we'll list it, as long as it meets our criteria and the location/venue is within the BID or an associate member.
• Downtown Boise Gift Cards: Since 2003, more than $4 million has been invested back into downtown business through the Downtown Boise gift card. DBA Associate Members can opt to join approximately 300 businesses who accept the gift card. The gift card program is offered at ZERO cost to participating members. It is just another payment form available to your business and is processed like any other credit card.
• DBA Event & Promotion Participation: We do a lot to promote downtown Boise as the place to be - including First Thursday, Taste of Downtown Boise (Food & Beverage Week), Small Business Saturday, Alive After 5 and more. These DBA-produced events and promotions are designed to build our community by connecting members with new customers and other downtown businesses.
• Social Connections: Stay connected to us and fans of Downtown Boise by following us on our social media channels. DBA has more than 16K followers on Facebook and nearly 31K followers on Instagram. We regularly repost business posts on our social media stories as a means of promotion, just tag us in your posts!
• Weekly Digital Newsletter: Members receive a weekly newsletter with all the important things happening in downtown highlighted in one convenient spot – including events, road or construction projects, and opportunities for event and promotion participation.
All these benefits are provided at no charge to businesses located inside the Downtown Boise Business Improvement District (BID). All properties located in the district are subject to an annual assessment from Boise City.