610 N Julia Davis Dr Get Directions
Boise, ID 83702
Experience the Idaho State Museum
WE ARE OPEN!
The Museum currently allows general public visitation in limited numbers. Timed entry will be available for 30 visitors per hour (maximum of 60 visitors at any given time).
Monday-Saturday | 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Sunday | 12 p.m. – 5 p.m.
Member Mondays | 10am-Noon
Senior (60+) Tuesdays | 9am-10am
(no general public during these times)
- In an effort to be compliant with local Public Health Emergency Order 20-10, all Idaho State Historical Society properties, Museums, and buildings within Boise City limits now require the use of masks. Please notify staff if you have an approved exemption. Thank you for your cooperation!
- Some exhibits may be closed for the health and safety of staff and visitors.
- Please limit your time in the museum to 2 hours to allow other visitors to explore.
- Walk-ups will only be accommodated if the time slot is not at capacity.
- We highly encourage visitors to practice social distancing when exploring the Museum.
- You must register online for a time to visit. Please arrive no later than 15 minutes past your scheduled time or you may have to forfeit your time slot.
- We will not accept cash at this time.
- These updates are contingent upon the Governor’s “Idaho Rebounds” stages of reopening plan and guidance from the local health districts.
The Idaho State Museum is a fun, interactive experience where people of all ages and backgrounds come to explore the story of Idaho. Furthermore, the Museum looks at how Idaho’s unique landscapes have shaped, and continue to shape, our experience. The Museum shows the profound relationship between Idaho’s people and its land have always defined what it means to live here. The newly renovated Idaho State Museum provides more space for exhibitions, artifacts, in addition to educational programming that help Idahoans and visitors understand our story.
Mon 10am - 5pm
Tue 10am - 5pm
Wed 10am - 5pm
Thr 10am - 5pm
Fri 10am - 5pm
Sat 10am - 5pm
Sun 12pm - 5pm