PLEASE NOTE THAT OUR OFFICE WILL BE CLOSED FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 16 THRU SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 25, 2024.
Downtown Boise Membership
Downtown Boise is a place to explore. Find a new adventure, spark creativity, make connections, and be a part of Boise’s vibrant culture where all are welcome.
The Downtown Boise Association (DBA) team are "placemakers" tasked with keeping Downtown Boise clean, safe, vibrant, and attractive, giving those who invest here a greater opportunity for success. DBA manages clean and safe programs, creates events that drive traffic downtown, develops enticing promotions, engages businesses and the community through extensive marketing, keep businesses updated with crucial information, and advocates for downtown with partners and stakeholders. We work to keep Downtown Boise vibrant, clean, and safe!
If your business is located in the boundaries of the Downtown Boise Business Improvement District, you’re a member of DBA! Business Improvement District (BIDs) exist in downtowns to enhance the safety, cleanliness, experience, and competitiveness of city centers. Businesses that fall within the associate boundaries are eligible for membership at a cost of $300, $250 for non-profits (annually).
Downtown Map & Guide: The DBA updates, prints, and distributes more than 70,000 DBA-member Map & Guides annually. The guides are used by downtown merchants, gift card recipients, hotels, conference attendees, the Boise Airport, regional visitor centers, Boise State, and the Boise Metro Chamber of Commerce.
• Business Landing Page on Downtownboise.org: With over 1.1 million views in 2022, our website is a dynamic portrait of downtown that includes a robust event calendar and individual business landing pages, complete with hours, location, and colorful photos. You’ll see downtownboise.org referenced in all DBA marketing pieces.
• Downtown Boise Local Events Calendar: With 75+ annual festivals & large scales events and over 220,000 views to our online events calendar, Downtown Boise is the happenin' place to be. Members are encouraged to submit their events to our online event calendar where it receives thousands of views every month. From daily offerings to live music to a special sale to movie showings to art shows to whatever your event is, we'll list it, as long as it meets our criteria and the location/venue is within the BID or an associate member.
•Downtown Boise Gift Cards: Since 2003, more than $4 million has been invested back into downtown business through the Downtown Boise gift card. DBA Associate Members can opt to join approximately 300 businesses who accept the gift card. The gift card program is offered at ZERO cost to participating members. It is just another payment form available to your business and is processed like any other credit card.
• DBA Event & Promotion Participation: We do a lot to promote downtown Boise as the place to be - including First Thursday, Taste of Downtown Boise (Food & Beverage Week), Small Business Saturday, Alive After 5 and more. These DBA-produced events and promotions are designed to build our community by connecting members with new customers and other downtown businesses.
• Social Connections: Stay connected to us and fans of Downtown Boise by following us on our social media channels. DBA has more than 16K followers on Facebook and nearly 31K followers on Instagram. We regularly repost business posts on our social media stories as a means of promotion, just tag us in your posts!
• Weekly Digital Newsletter: Members receive a weekly newsletter with all the important things happening in downtown highlighted in one convenient spot – including events, road or construction projects, and opportunities for event and promotion participation.
All these benefits are provided at no charge to businesses located inside the Downtown Boise Business Improvement District (BID). All properties located in the district are subject to an annual assessment from Boise City.