If you are not able to visit stores and restaurants physically, there are still things you can do to support our small and local businesses. They are here for you. Be there for them. Now more than ever - love your downtown!:
The safety of Downtown Boise’s residents, workers, and visitors is of the utmost importance to us here at the Downtown Boise Association. We want you to know that we are monitoring all recommendations and updates from government officials surrounding COVID-19 and we will inform our stakeholders of relevant changes. First and foremost, prioritize and take all health and safety precautions for yourself and others in our community. Our community health as a whole depends on working together, and our small businesses are the lifeblood of the Downtown Boise economy. We want to make sure they continue to stay successful while maintaining appropriate public health safety measures. For questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Financial Resources for Businesses & Individuals
The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act:
Brief summaries of federal resources available for Idaho businesses and individuals from Sen. Risch’s office on March 26, 2020:
Salesforce Care Grants
IRS Coronavirus Tax Relief
GoFundMe Small Business Relief Initiative
U.S. Small Business Administration: Small Business Guidance & Loan Resources
Facebook Small Business Grants Program
COVID-19 Response Fund for Idaho (for vulnerable populations support)
- Business Resources
This Is YOUR Downtown Marketing Campaign
A Guide for Safe Operations during the COVID-19 Crisis from the Boise Metro Chamber
General and business-specific protocols for opening
American Cleaning Service Co.: Facility Health Plan for Businesses
City of Boise Business Resources: includes current opportunities for funding assistance, advising and training, employment resources, and opportunities for the arts & cultural community.
- Utility Billing: If your business is closed, make sure your utility billing reflects actual use of water. And if you're a resident experiencing true economic hardship, ask for utility billing relief. Both issues can be handled by emailing email@example.com.
- A survey for businesses to submit information for an interactive guide. The guide will go live once the City receives information from businesses. This will include a map with the location of the business, operating hours, pick-up / drop-off information, and any other information the business would like to include.
ebay Online Store: Get your business up and running, no selling fees through June 30.
CO— by U.S. Chamber of Commerce: Coronavirus Small Business Guide
crushthecurveidaho.com: providing COVID-19 testing to workers deemed essential during this global pandemic.
"Survive to Thrive": BSU Venture College & Trailhead present live virtual discussions for startups.
Central Health District: COVID-19 Guidance for Food Establishments
Restaurant Resources from Shamrock Foods
Hello Alice (an AI platform aggregating resources for small businesses)
Uncharted Territory: How COVID-19 Could Affect Your Retail Business - A WhizBang! Retail Training Guide to Preparing Your Store for the Global Spread of Coronavirus.
Webinar Recording: National Resources and Policy Updates for Small Businesses Impacted by COVID-19
Idaho Commerce COVID-19 Information
Idaho's Small Business Development Centers: Resources
America's Small Business Development Center: Protect Your Business
Idaho Women's Business Center: Resources
U.S. Chamber of Commerce: Combating the Coronavirus
CDC: Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers
Here’s a great Working From Home WiFi Resource Hub from our friends over at metageek.
- How to Support Downtown Businesses
- This Is YOUR Downtown - ways to support Downtown Boise businesses
- City of Good - A Homegrown Initiative to Feed Our Community
- Shop online or via phone. Many of downtown’s retailers have online shopping available; our local and independent shops will help you get what you need via phone, FaceTime, or other methods, if necessary.
- For restaurants, order takeout or delivery and tip the same amount as you would dining in. Parking meters in front of downtown Boise restaurants will be closed to general parking and will be used as temporary to-go options for carry out or hand-delivered orders.
- Participate in Downtown Boise's Virtual First Thursday: https://downtownboise.org/events/first-thursday-new
- Purchase custom or corporate gifts from retailers who can handle orders over the phone or online.
- If you typically order wholesale products with local retailers later in the year, place your orders now.
- If you do not need anything specific at the moment but still want to support local, buy gift cards to spend later in our various storefront businesses. You can buy gift cards for many local restaurants and cultural institutions, too.
- Follow Downtown Boise's Facebook and Instagram for regular updates.
- Share this information widely so others know how to help.
- Local Updates
City of Boise COVID-19 Updates
Boise Convention and Visitors Bureau COVID-19 Updates
- Miss You Boise: To show support for the many local businesses affected by the global pandemic, the Boise Convention and Visitors Bureau asked their partners and friends to create home videos featuring experiences from their business that you can recreate at home.
Boise Metro Chamber COVID-19 Updates
City Go: COVID-19 and Public Transportation
- Employment Resources
We know that many of you will be looking for additional assistance in the coming weeks. Here are some helpful links:
Online Unemployment Application
Disaster Unemployment Assistance (DUA) (provides financial assistance to individuals who are not eligible for regular unemployment insurance benefits)
Information about unemployment requirements
Idaho Department of Labor’s COVID-19 website
U.S. Dept. of Labor: Fair Labor Standards Act and Family and Medical Leave Act; Questions and Answers
- Idaho State Updates
Idaho.gov Official Resources for COVID-19
Idaho COVID-19 Guidance for Govenor Brad Little's Amended Statewide Stay-Home Order
- Downtown Boise Association Members
Link to DBA COVID-19 Business Impact Survey Report:
Business Impact Survey Report
We have added a feature on our website to easily showcase our local dining and retail options. We need your input to populate these webpages. Please email the DBA if you are offering any of the following:
There is an option to add text as well so please include copy if you would like.
We encourage you to let us know if you have modified your hours so we can update them on your business listing on our website. Please include ways the community can support you during this time, we can add it: Link to Update Downtown Boise Business Listing
Link to Submit First Thursday Listing:
First Thursday Submission Link
Link to DBA COVID-19 Media Release:
How to Stay Safe and Support Downtown Boise Businesses