• J&M Sanitation is a small family owned refuse collection company that has serviced the cities of Kuna & Melba for the past 32 years. J&M strives to provide customers with the best service possible and is excited to be the 1st refuse haulers in Idaho to have 100% electric collection vehicles.
• The trucks are partially funded by an award through the Idaho Volkswagen Diesel Settlement. Two older diesel trucks will be taken off the road with the electric truck replacements.
• J&M Sanitation will be getting two BYD 100% Electric Class 8 Automated Side Load trucks. Delivery should be in November of this year.
• The trucks will run every Monday through Friday and will service about 800 Kuna homes per day.
• Each truck will have 295kwh battery capacity. It will take about 8 hours to charge each truck to full capacity each night. Faster charging will be available to “top off” the trucks during the day as needed.
View additional photos by clicking the dots under the image (if applicable)!
Click Here to Return to Category